Friday, June 10, 2011

A Week and a Half of Post Card Weather...

   The splendid and mild weather as of late has been helpful in keeping this urban farmer productive, and yes, I am nearly a farmer (of the urban sort as noted above).  There are three and a half tomato plants thriving in re-purposed containers in ghetto farms, potatoes of the Yukon and purple variety are nestled in right next to them in their own re-purposed containers. A sweet find was obtained from the local Grocery Outlet as well, an easy to assemble seed starting greenhouse, this was a two nap operation that included extra things like wire to keep the shelves level but it's up and amazing now. I've already started some horseradish and garlic bulbs, next to start the watermelon and the plethora of flowers I just couldn't resist on sale 2 packs of seeds for a dollar.

    This really has been a productive week, the small area designated as GF (Ghetto Farms) is nearly unrecognizable. Below are some before shots taken about five days ago.


  There you have it, a mess left by the previous owners and now as a moment of zen....The Pond!

Thank you, sorry for the short entry. Updates after the big birthday fun time in Newport, Or. where I will surely procure some sort of vegetative little friend whether or not it's on the level.

No comments:

Post a Comment